I wonder about my independence. I always sort of prided myself on being this well-rounded, involved social person, and concluded that to mean that those adjectives implied an independence that....lets face it....may not be there. I dealt with this sort of thing in Italy a bit. How much do I LET myself lean on others? How much will they even have to give in relation to what I really really need? How much am I willing to take what I can get? When you care about people as a Christian, how much do you really carry each others burdens and give yours off to others, versus just dumping them on God? AKA: all my worries, goals, doubts about my self, questions about relationships, and little things that make me crazy...
I keep noticing this thing in myself. I keep thinking maybe this time I've got it licked. But it appears to be one of those lifelong lessons that you learn and relearn.......and relearn. I just look at this stage and wonder, is this a stage I can get comfortable in or do I just have to ride it out until I come to something more stable in a couple months or years? It helps to look at my friends and remember where they were a year ago. For every single one, it was in a place that was very different. I certainly cant claim to be the only victim of change.
No comments:
Post a Comment